We are yourSanctuary, formerly known as Surrey Women’s Aid, a local charitable organisation since 1977.
We provide a wide range of services to our clients and offer emotional and practical support to individuals who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.
At yourSanctuary we work to prevent domestic abuse and undo the damage it does to individuals, families and communities. In addition to direct services for women, men and children affected by domestic abuse, yourSanctuary provides comprehensive prevention, advocacy and educational programmes. Our clients come from diverse communities, religions, ethnicities, sexual orientations, socio-economic groups and age brackets.
You saved my life
(A female survivor)
- To prevent domestic abuse and undo the damage it does to individuals, families and communities
- To signpost and direct the relevant help and services to women, men and children affected by domestic abuse
- To provide comprehensive prevention, advocacy and educational programmes
- To ensure our community has increased awareness of domestic abuse
- To improve responses to survivors of domestic abuse
- To work with relevant services who ensure victims are supported and more importantly, believed
At yourSanctuary we have four key aims, which underpin all our work:
- protection for survivors and their children
- prevention of domestic abuse
- provision of effective services
- to undo the harm caused by domestic abuse
The services that we provide are:
- Community based services (including Outreach, Children’s Services and Partner Link Workers
To find out more please click to Services link